Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Check out the Bokeh

So I got the lenses (and the body): Revuenon. Solid. Had to wait for the adaptor to come through.

Friday night, one week later.

Finally the adaptor arrives and I go through the steps to set up the information for the camera to read the adaptor and to set the camera so that I can use the manual settings. It took a while, but I eventually deciphered the Chinglish and got the lenses to 'communicate' with my 550D. A word of caution here. If you do get lenses from the internet, make sure everything fits properly BEFORE firing the camera. I understand that on some of the older screw fit lenses and some of the latest digital bodies the mirror can catch on the lens if an inappropriate adaptor is used. I checked mine (I focussed to infinity to see if the inner barrel would extend past the adaptor into the body of the camera - it didn't). Everything working, fitted and ready to go. All I need now is an opportunity to snap away.

The next day.

As serendipity would have it the wife goes: 'Want to go to the market love?' (This is the outdoor market in Birmingham's Bullring). 'Sure.' Now's my chance to test the lenses.

It was a good shoot with some interesting material to aim at. I was very pleased with these lenses (after-all at £5 a pop, who wouldn't be?) There's a little fringing, and the contrast is a bit flat for my tastes, but hey, I've got Aperture (Apple's digital darkroom) so I can correct if required (as I have in the pics below). For my money, I reckon I got a bargain.

I bet by now you're wanting to see. Well I'll let the pictures tell their own story (check out the bokeh).





No comments:

Post a Comment